Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Two weeks older and five pounds heavier

Hello Everybody.

life here is good the food is almost to kill for but then again, maybe not so much. well anyways i've been learning a lot of stuff here, and while most of you would think two weeks would have gone by at somewhat of a regular pace, it seems at least to me that the MTC is the only thing that i've known.

while nothing really sticks out to me about what i'm doing here that is great or noteworthy, i have had a couple of cool experience in the Referral Center, now for a brief description, it's like a telemarketing center except that it's not one large office floor but a lot of class rooms with 10-12 computers per room, well people from all over call in and order stuff that the church has for free (except members) and don't call in if you want free stuff, or else!!!:( so in this center we're supposed to bear testimony and then try to get the people ordering a copy of the Book of Mormon and the missionaries over to drop it off for them, while I've only had about 2 or 3 times where I was able to get the missionaries over, but all the other times I bore my testimony which a couple of people were moved but most of the times they weren't, also in this center missionaries wait for chats, like IM'ing or we call people back just to make sure that they got their stuff.

so Crazy thing, I'm leaving one week from today, and I don't know what I'm doing... well now you're all thinking Matt of course you'll know what to do, but in my reality i haven't got a clue. I just do what I'm told and I feel sorry for the people who have to deal with me, I think my companion is already getting sick of the same old jokes that i say and some other things that i do, but who care.

Oh! now i know so this last week i got a little bit of the nausea bug that has been going around the MTC. so they keep stressing the whole no touchy thing but our district really doesn't care. but don't worry it only lasted one day, and I'm feeling fine right now, which is why the title isn't ten pounds heavier.... well I'm joking about that I've really only gained 2-3 pounds but still for me that's quite an accomplishment.

This is a shout out to all of my nieces and nephews, I miss you SOOOO Much and i wish that i could just give you all one more BIG crazy uncle Matt Hugs. thank you guys so much you keep me going and bring so much joy into my life.

Sophie: Thanks for the Letter and for using Dear Elder (which everyone should use until next Tuesday) I'm doing pretty well life in here is pretty well scheduled for the rest of my life in here, but it's finally good to have some rigidity to keep me going. Hey i think one of my teachers maybe in your class. his name is brother Neary he's about 6'2 and about 170 with brown/blackish hair, and he's in Arabic. Just to let you know.

Jan!!! I'm so glad that you were able email me, when I read about Clark all the girls in my district saw that I lighted up when I read about them and they all thought that it was about a girl, but no I just love you and you family, I wish I would see you guys but I'll get some pictures to the parents so you can at least see me, I love you guys so much

Ben: I would love to have the sports updates they keep me sane in this place yes I know I shouldn't be thinking about that it keeps me connected and I hope TCU Beats BYU and The U so they can at least show that the Mountain west conference is awesome.

Time is short here. Love you all so much don't forget to write on Dear Elder before I leave

Elder Gillespie

No comments: