Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Oh-la, Ya'll
so the new year is upon us and a old year has gone. soon I'll be saying the same thing but another year will be gone. As I look back upon last year there are a few things that I've done, and now here is a list.

1 finished a year of college
2 Visited Jan and Ben back in San Antonio
3 Got a Job
4 Saw my sister leave on a mission
5 got my own call for a mission
6 Went to the MTC
7 Got to the Mission "field"
8 had my first Christmas by myself.

so while these are just a few of the things that i've done this last year i can't wait to see what is in store for me this next year. and i would love to hear what you have in store for your next years plan.

So!... what have i learn from all of this is actually comes from my brother Thad, who is a very wise person, he told me that the lord can't direct a missionary who doesn't plan. So what i got out of that is that while he is in charge you still have to plan what you would like to do, and while you might not achieve that goal you still need to plan for it. Thanks to my Uncle and aunt who gave me a lovely book full of quotes, one of them said something like that while your dreams will be fulfilled the only thing stoping you from achieving them is what you think your dreams are. So what I'm trying to get across is that there is nothing that you can't do, and while you might put a ceiling on your dreams i would tell you that above that ceiling there is so much more to see and be.

well anyways this last week has been kind of cruddy, mostly from the fact that i got the "death" this week right after P-day, so for the last couple of days i've been sleeping around 14 hours and while i know that i shouldn't be doing that, i even called the Mission Doctor who then said do what your body tells you, so i've found the loop hole, not that i want to be sick or sleep for that long it's just i've done it. so that's about all i've done for this week.

Uncle Brian and Aunt Trea
Thank you so much for the book and the Christmas card it will be a great booster for me during the hard times.

Uncle John and Aunt Jody
Thanks for the Family updates it makes me happy to know just a little bit about what's going on in the outside world.

The Swift Family
Thanks for the Christmas card it really boosted my spirt when it came.

The Scofield Family
The talk that you gave me was a really good and it really puts the reason for the season and what i should be thankful for.

Dad
I'm glad to hear that your doing well and that you have a new calling, i hope you can whip those boys into shape.

Mom
Everytime i hear from you, you inspire me to be a better person and show me how to do it, thanks again for all that you've done for me.

Roybn
I must agree your children are adorable and the only thing i would suggest for you to read is from Elder Bednars talk about being concerned at home. And your doing a great work even if you aren't feeling like your doing the best

Ben
Work suck, I know. but you can do it and you'll do fine you just need to put things that of worth before things that aren't

Thad
I hope i didn't offend you in my letter to you, you really have been a great influence in my life.

To Everyone else I love you and you are all a great influence in what i do and say to all those i meet.

With much Love

Elder Gillespie

No comments: